Tuesday, November 20, 2012

'Twas the Night Before Turkey Prep

Tomorrow morning is the official start of the Turkey Day chaos. I know it's a day earlier than the actual holiday, but I have lots to do.

I wrote a while ago about how I volunteered and lobbied to host the big family Thanksgiving dinner at my house. Then, when I got what I asked for I started wondering why I wanted to do this in the first place.

Well, since then I've gotten organized. The turkey is in the fridge, ready to be plunked in the brine first thing tomorrow morning. All the groceries are anxiously waiting their part in the big day. I've made assignments to various family members so I don't have to worry about it all. Everything is ready to start getting ready, and now I'm just waiting.

I feel like this is something of a calm before the storm. But I'm looking on the bright side. If craziness does happen, I'll have more things to write about on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment