Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hobbitses and Legoses, Precious

I am getting a very special birthday present this year. Peter Jackson is giving me a movie I've been excited about for a long, long time. The Hobbit's release date is the day before my birthday, and I am looking forward to it more than I probably should.

Tonight I got a little fix to help hold me over until the movie comes out. Lego, in its infinite wisdom, made several sets based on The Hobbit. We bought the ones that were released yesterday (no waiting for Christmas here!) and the boyfriend, the kid and I spent the evening around the dining room table, putting together Legos. It was downright heartwarming, in a geeky way.

Personally, I spent a couple of happy hours building Bilbo's hobbit-hole. It looks great - it really is a good set - and there are so many great touches. There are even stickers in the set that turn normal lego blocks into miniature reproductions of the actual maps from the book.

Maybe Legos aren't quite as exciting as finally seeing the actual movie, but we had a lot of fun, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment